This position is responsible for assuring that the circuit boards and assemblies tested at his/her workstation meet test specifications indicated by the customer.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Working Conditions and Internal/External Relationships):
- Tests boards and assemblies in accordance with instructions, procedures and related program.
- Troubleshoots failed boards assemblies utilizing complex test equipment and standard troubleshooting techniques. Resolves new and difficult problems independently.
- Records results of tests and troubleshooting on data sheets.
- Upon detecting deviations with regard to test equipment, test procedures and/or repetitive failures, determines if station, board, assembly or fixture problem.
- Notifies supervisor of deviation regarding test equipment, test procedures or repetitive failures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Associates degree in electronic technology or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 to 3 years electronics technology experience
- Good computer skills, ability to follow detailed program instructions
- Working knowledge of oscilloscope, voltmeter, toneohm and RCL meter
- Must be able to read/interpret schematics
- Requires a mixture of standing and sitting
- May require handling of or exposure to chemicals used in the assembly process
- May require occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Inter and intra departmental contact required
Sypris Electronics, LLC provides goods and services to the U.S. Government and other prime contractors and is obligated by its contracts with those entities, as well as by various federal laws and regulations regarding security and export control, to restrict access to certain goods, services, and/or any related information. Accordingly, Sypris Electronics has a policy of only hiring U.S. citizens. Upon employment all employees have to provide evidence verifying U.S. citizenship.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Pre-employment drug screening required.
Sypris Electronics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sypris Electronics does not, and will not, discriminate against a person on the basis of race, ancestry, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religious creed or belief, physical or mental disability, marital or familial status, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sexual orientation, protected activity (such as opposition to or reporting of prohibited discrimination or harassment), or any other status or classification protected by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, in any aspect of employment opportunity.