The VP, Materials Management is responsible for leading McKesson's Medical-Surgical supply chain, from manufacturing through delivery to McKesson's distribution centers. Materials Management maintains demand forecasts, executes domestic and global purchase orders, manages inbound transportation and ensure high service levels to Medical-Surgical's customers. Position can be based out of Richmond, VA or Jacksonville, FL.
- Develops and implements the supply chain management strategy to support business objectives and operations of the business unit. Ensure process and controls are in place to ensure high customer fill rates. Provide leadership and direction to leaders involved in implementing and managing the materials supply chain strategic and tactical objectives. Directs and oversees the organization's material management policies objectives and initiatives.
- Build and develop relationships at the executive level with suppliers and partners to ensure contractual commitment, alignment, and accountability. Work closely with internal leadership of sales, operations, marketing, and corporate teams to align on expectations relative to performance standards, customer expectations, and cost savings.
- Designs and plans the materials management infrastructure, performance and quality standards, policies and processes. Evaluates and recommends specialized technology needed to effectively manage and control the materials management processes and meet the cost savings objectives of the business unit.
- Establish a culture focused on continuous process improvements aimed at achieving predictability and efficient supply chain operations. Provide leadership of team in identifying opportunities to develop, improve, or simplify processes, guidelines, and policies for effective supplier management practices, order fulfillment, and inventory management activities. Identify business risks and implementing resolutions and scalable mechanisms across the supply chain management function.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of materials management/supply chain or related experience. 10+ years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience
- Deep supply chain knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in high-pressure situations with complex topics
- Strong financial acumen
- Global experience preferred
- Purchasing, demand forecasting, logistics experience preferred
- Wholesale distribution experience preferred
- Evaluation and implementation of inventory management systems
- Traditional office environment.
- Large percent of time performing computer-based work is required.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.