Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Date: April, 18 2002
According to the prescribed policies and procedures and under the general supervision of the Property manager assumes responsibility for managing the department in its entirety and maintaining the highest possible standards to ensure cleanliness of the building.
The typical responsibilities for this position is to assist immediate supervisor with the following:
* Establishes standard work methods and maintains monthly employee work schedules for the department with the Manager's approval.
* Interviews, hires, supervises and evaluates all maintenance employees.
* Oversee and follows paperwork flow (work orders) consistent with procedures.
* Coordinates with other staff members in assuring quality environmental conditions for the residents and staff.
* Identifies departmental problems and develops goal oriented recommendations for solution.
* Ensures the availability of supplies and equipment at the most economical means. Reports performance of products and equipment. Teaches staff to use cleaning supplies in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
* Develops and reviews master cleaning activity in Maintenance Service Department (daily, weekly, and monthly). Ensures activities are accomplished on schedule.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET- MAITENANCE SUPERVISOR
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two to five years maintenance and supervisory.
Mental: Must have strong written, verbal, analytical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Vision: The degree of hand and eye coordination as applied to job requirements that induce visual strain. Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous ( C) = 75% plus
S = Climbing C = Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs.
C = Standing C = Pushing R = 26-50 lbs.
R = Sitting C = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs.
C = Walking R = Driving R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility.
Supervision Received: Occasional supervision: Employee works on a definite objective using a wide range of procedures. Plans and arranges his/her own work only referring unusual matters to a supervisior.
Working Conditions: Somewhat disagreeable; elements such as noise, dust, heat and oil exist but not to the extent of being continuously disagreeable
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.Learn more about our organization in the video below.