Title: Home Health Aide Job Code: 14603OH
Division: Senior Living
Status: Non-Exempt Reports to: Manager of CWS/Private Duty Manager Revision date: Revised March 2019 Supervises: n/a
PURPOSE According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable state, federal and accreditation regulations and under the general supervision of the Manager of CWS/Private Duty Manager enabling patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording client condition; providing support, personal services and teaching families; by providing companionship to clients requiring socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a protected environment and performs home care services within the client's home.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Provides ADL's and personal care including but not limited to bathing, back rubs, oral hygiene, hair care, assisting patients with dressing and undressing, skin care, assisting the patient with toileting activities.
* Responsible for performing and documenting all duties assigned by the RN. Observes records and reports the client's care, symptoms, emotional and physical status. Taking vital signs when ordered.
* Plans and prepares nutritious meals. Assists in feeding the client, as necessary.
* Assists in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care. Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered.
* Assists patient in the self-administration of medication.
* Keeps patient's living area clean and orderly, changes bed linen and doing client's laundry, as appropriate. Provides housekeeping services and does errands.
* Meets safety needs of patients, uses equipment safely and properly.
* Updates and submits all documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Attends and participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate care plans, follow up on changes and other communication, problem-solve, receive staff support and in-service education.
* Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET - Home Health Aide - HCS CWS
Education: High school diploma or GED required. STNA/CNA preferred. HHA Certification training.
Experience: Minimum of 12 months as an aide in a facility or home health/hospice agency, unless STNA certified. There cannot be a lapse in employment as a Home Health Aide or related field for 2 years or greater.
Travel: Frequent, necessary on a daily basis 100%. Must have a valid driver's license, automobile insurance and qualified to driver under the organization's motor vehicle check.
Mental: Must have good verbal and written communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 45-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing S = Stooping Lifting/Carrying: S = 10 - 25 lbs S = Standing S = Pushing F = 26 - 50 lbs
R = Sitting S = Pulling F = 51 - 75 lbs F = Walking F = Driving S = 76 plus lbs
Consequences of Errors: Some monetary responsibility
Supervision Received: Moderate supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt and/or as scheduled.
Working Conditions: Due to visiting clients in homes/facilities, exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive clients.
I hereby understand and agree to the above description of the duties required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.Learn more about our organization in the video below.