Title: Security Guard Health Care Division
Status: Non-exempt Reports to: Director of Environmental Services
Revision date: April 2014 Supervises: n/a
According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the supervision of the Director of Environmental Services assumes responsibility for ensuring the protection, safeguarding and security of residents, visitors and vendors on the campus.
* Performs regular/routine interior and exterior security patrols, providing any needed customer service/assistance to residents, employees, visitors and vendors.
* Responds to all emergency situations including but not limited to independent living pendant alarms, building alarms and 911 calls.
* Investigates and writes reports on accidents, incidents, suspicious activities and other related situations.
* Delivers newspapers, cleans the common areas and empties trash.
* Completes all necessary paperwork regarding shift reports.
* May train new employees.
* Attends and participates in in-service education programs.
* Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility policies including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET-Security Guard
Education: Must be at least 18 years of age.
Experience: One to two years preferred.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have excellent customer service skills.
Licensure: None required
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare ( R) = 0-24%; Sometimes ( S) = 25-49%; Frequent ( F) = 50-74%; Continuous ( C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing F = Stooping Lifting / Carrying; S = 10-25 lbs.
F = Standing R = Pushing S = 26-50 lbs.
R = Sitting R = Pulling R = 51-75 lbs.
C = Walking R = Driving ` R = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Some monetary responsibility.
Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Good working conditions, some distractions. Due to working in facilities, exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents.
I hereby understand and agree to the above description of the duties required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.Learn more about our organization in the video below.