Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
This positions primary responsibility is to maintain all conveyor and building systems in order to support the goals of the DC. Provide leadership for other maintenance personnel and manage various projects through completion. A thorough understanding of PLC programming, electrical and operational controls associated with the conveyor systems and building equipment and components is required in order to maintain assets and provide maximum system uptime.The job scope includes recommending changes to and executing preventative maintenance programs, troubleshooting and repairs to automated sorting equipment, AS\RS type systems, Cross belt Sorter, associated conveyors, material handling equipment, building envelope and building MEP systems.This position will be responsible for properly completing work requests as well as projects of a complex nature.
- Technical or Electrical degree preferred or a minimum of 5 years of building and equipment maintenance experience with two years maintaining Dematic or similar type conveyor systems.
- Completion of technical training in electronic controls, power distribution and PLC troubleshooting.
- Computer literate - specifically using the MS Outlook and other Microsoft products.
- Knowledge and application of safe work practices, LOTO standards and NFPA 70E Arc Flash.
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions with acute attention to detail and high level of record keeping accuracy.
- Demonstrated skills to operate troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with computer-controlled building systems, conveyor systems, and maintenance management systems (CMMS) in a time sensitive environment.
- Skilled at using electrical test equipment, hand tools, power tools, calipers, gauges, etc.
- Experienced with reading and interpreting MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) drawings and schematics.
- High level of knowledge and understanding of codes such as the NEC, BOCA and/or UBC, MSDS and OSHA.
- Possesses an excellent attendance record; is flexible with work schedule.
- Possess strong technical skills to become subject matter expert for conveyors, crossbelt system, AS\RS type systems. Goods to Person Order Fulfillment Systems.
- Design, implement, and document PLC (Siemens, Allen Bradley) programming changes to automated equipment when authorized.
- Strong understanding of power distribution, power generation, and control circuits.
- Troubleshoot, and implement changes to I/O device networks such as Profibus, Data Highway, and CanBus.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computers/computer-based monitoring equipment to diagnose material handling systems and building automation systems.
- Experience with thermal imaging equipment to detect early failure(s) of both mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experienced with AC drives (set-up, programming, faults).
- Thrive in a continuous learning environment, attend on going training, and possess the initiative to learn and understand all facets of system operation and use.
- Interact with manufacturers, vendors, and operations to remedy concerns, offer solutions, or implement modifications.
- Successful completion of Maintenance skills evaluation.
"Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status."
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.