See Terracon's Safety Response to Covid-19 below
Terracon is looking for students in the civil, geotechnical or geological engineering degree program who are interested in an internship, summer of 2021. Internships run from May - August.
Here are some exciting details around our internship programs:
The Terracon internship programs?will support our Geotechnical service line.?In this program,?you will take part in an exciting, fun and meaningful work experience as you work along-side some of the brightest engineering minds and state of the art technology in the geotechnical engineering industry. You will not only learn and advance technically, but will also be provided with opportunities for professional development. You will be assigned a leader/mentor in the geotechnical engineering field. The mentor will help you with career planning along with technical skill development. You will learn how our line of business interacts with the client and how we differ from design engineers. You will learn what consulting engineering is all about!
During the summer, you will have an opportunity to learn about the following:
- Laboratory safety and safe work practices
- All aspects of our laboratory testing capabilities and the purpose of each test
- Understanding soil test procedures (ASTM, DOT, COE, etc.)
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Shadow field exploration team
- Data review
- Report preparation
- Proposal creation
- Basics of project management
- Communication of test results (internal and external)
- Introduction to GeoReport
- Quality management system and procedures
- Performs sampling or testing as directed.
- Seek learning opportunities from mentor
- Provides assistance to other field and/or laboratory personnel
- Assists other technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Create and give final presentation to leadership regarding summer experiences
- High school diploma and pursuing a BS or Master's degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. The ideal candidate will have less than one year remaining to complete their BS or MS degree.
Terracon's Safety Response to COVID-19Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It's that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being "Best at People," here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say "no" to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you're interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!
About TerraconTerracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
EEO StatementTerracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.