Auto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts distributor in the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with best-in-class parts and customer service for the most reliable automotive aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 8,000 Team Members with decades of experience in the automotive aftermarket industry, united to deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations with expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 1,000 locations, including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus member locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail stores, and 21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most trusted business partner and employer in the automotive aftermarket.
The Stock Room Specialist receives, checks and pulls stock such as replaceable parts, equipment, tools and accessories for motor vehicles in a parts store. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide retail and professional customers with professional, clear and courteous service.
- Ensure all merchandise is promptly checked in and put in stock according to store procedures.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by carefully checking in returned goods from customers, completing proper computer processing or paperwork and stocking or storing as appropriate.
- Store merchandise in the proper location, neat and orderly, according to store design.
- Ensure the store is kept clean, clutter free and safe at all times.
- Assist in all store job functions and be able to perform them.
- Properly and safely operate all material handling equipment necessary to perform the responsibilities of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1 year experience in customer service, retail, warehousing or similar.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Extensive product knowledge or the ability to obtain product knowledge.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- Lifting of heavy equipment of up to 50 pounds.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
AP FL S. Dade-10644