Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
This role typically is located in Lake Forest, IL, but due to COVID-19 will be fully virtual until further notice. Once the officehas a return to work plan, the team member will be required to be on-site.
The Sr. Import Compliance Analyst plays a critical role ensuring Grainger maintains compliance with import regulations and import cargo is flowing through the supply chain. The Sr. Import Compliance Analyst provides deep subject matter expertise, leads Grainger's participation in CTPAT Security and other Trusted Trader programs, and manages daily import operations while providing tactical and strategic support, analysis and reporting to the Sr. Import Logistics & Compliance Manager. This position is also responsible for developing meaningful measures of broker performance, providing recommendations to address performance gaps, and auditing broker work to ensure quality.
- Optimize efficiency of import logistics and supply chain by resolving compliance issues.
- Minimize exposure to governmental penalties by ensuring company compliance with US Customs and Border Protection and other government agencies' laws and regulations.
- Work closely with Customs officials to request Binding Rulings, respond to requests information (CF28 and CF29) and obtain guidance on port regulations.
- Maintains and updates Import Compliance Manual on annual basis.
- Serve as a primary liaison for broker and suppliers to resolve import compliance issue and ensure shipments are delivered timely.
- Lead's Grainger's CTPAT Security Program Annual Certification efforts. Coordinates with applicable internal and external business partners to ensure ongoing compliance with CTPAT Security Program criteria.
- Owns the payment process for duties to U.S. CBP.
- Ensure quality by documenting and maintaining process flows and SOPs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred, preferably in business or logistics, or equivalent related experience
- 3-5 years of similar operational role at another large international shipper or broker.
- Demonstrated mastery of U.S. import regulations, including areas such as classification, valuation, free trade agreements, special import programs (anti-dumping and countervailing cases), PGAs, entry process.
- Knowledge of CTPAT Security and Trade Compliance Programs
- Licensed customs broker and/or certified customs specialist.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing, complex environment
- Adept at adjusting communication style, and/or level of detail and complexity of the content based on the needs of audience
- Continuous Improvement Focus; ability to articulate a problem and identify root cause.
- Strong attention to detail in order to ensure Grainger's compliance with company policies and US Import Regulations.
- PC proficiency in MSOffice applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to travel 5-10%
"Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status."
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.