TheInfrastructure SrProject Manageris responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating infrastructure project teams through Lean/Agile and project management practices. They will enable the team to achieve a high level of performance and quality in the delivery of Lean/Agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users
TheInfrastructure SrProject Managermay be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using Lean/Agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business units.
The Infrastructure SrProject Managerwill be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with a Lean/Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently supports projects of a larger more complex scale
- Defines project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage larger risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; quality targets using the Agile/Scrum or Kanban methodology, and perform delivery planning for assigned Engineering Teams
- Facilitates and leads discussions with cross functional groups at multiple levels of the organization, to identify, understand and capture business requirements and scope of work for specific projects
- Supports Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Responsible for iterative Project release coordination. Ensures smooth collaboration among extended team members for each project release including Engineering, Operations, Testing, Change Mgmt. and third-party Vendors.
- Motivates managers and team members to adopt Lean/Agile practices. Provides thought leadership and research of best practices for executing Agile Project Management including Story Mapping, Story Grooming, MMF identification, and Release Planning. Shares and collaborates with others via the Agile Community of Practice. Mentors Infra Project Manager 1.
- Performs Scrum Master functions for two or more teams: schedules and leads the release planning, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming and daily scrum activities for two or more teams.
- Demonstrates ability to gather and provide project level estimates and reporting for larger scale projects (Burn Downs, Burn Ups, Release Plans) for teams executing work in ServiceNow and/or Jira.
- Helps to create and deploy performance standards, measures and metrics to ensure Lean/Agile standards are being applied. Establish, communicate and reinforce Agile guiding principles; manage delivery against time, scope and budget; create and adjust MMFs and Release Plans;
- Helps to create, deploy and manage a "Scrum of Scrums"; and proactively identify and address risks, issues and opportunities for improvement across the organization
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
Preferred Education & Experience:
- A proven track record of successfully implementing technology projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- 2+ years of Agile Project Management experience
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. Require Agile Certifications CSM, A-CSM, CSP, PSK, and Project Management PMP certification
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Exposure to strategic planning and working with leadership roles
- Balanced business/technical background. Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues. (SAP, On-Prem/Cloud hosting, Network, Voice, Collaboration, etc,,).
- Demonstrated experience with servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong relationship management skills that enable effective navigation in a highly matrixed organization quickly earning sponsorship and trust to mobilize and motivate teams
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and manage multiple projects and assignments
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.