Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.Availity is a Healthcare IT company headquartered in Jacksonville, FL with an office in Indianapolis, IN and a significant US based remote workforce. Availity is the nation's largest health information network, connecting 2 million providers nationwide and processing more than 12 billion transactions a year, and growing! We work collaboratively with health plans and providers to disrupt an antiquated healthcare system by solving core issues in the way stakeholders communicate. Fixing the broken provider data management process and creating real time communication of risk and quality information are just two of the ways Availity is streamlining this process. Availity also offers providers, hospitals, and health systems revenue cycle and patient financial management solutions. We help prepare our providers for the rise in consumerism and value-based care, so that they can get paid accurately, and timely, for their services.
Our mission is to create connections and deliver products that help healthcare businesses succeed. We do this by connecting, delighting, and empowering the nation's premier healthcare ecosystem; providing multi-stakeholder solutions that simplify the business relationship between providers and health plans.
Availity is looking for a full-stack .NET Software Engineer III to join our growing Consolidated Eligibility and Benefits Program Team! With support from your Application Development Manager, the Software Engineer III is responsible for the development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications for Availity business partners. Your SCRUM team is empowered to respond to business partner needs, expectations, and challenges that are identified.
Sponsorship, in any form, is not available for this position.
Location: Remote, US
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in relevant work experience
- Must have at least four (4) or more years of experience working in an Agile and/or iterative development environment.
- Must have knowledge, skills, and experience to write detailed technical documentation, specifically business requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Must have a basic understanding of web services
- Must have experience using GIT in the development workflow
- Must have knowledge of web development methodologies (primarily Agile/Scrum), application design, navigation, and information architecture
- Must understand Automated Unit Testing, Test Driven Development experience would be nice to have
- Must have knowledge of basic database design and query language (SQL)
- Must be able develop to and define requirements and functional specifications for applications
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaboration, supporting company leadership and other team members
- Must have the ability to work under pressure while maintaining composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment
- Must have ability to manage multiple and changing priorities/tasks
- Must be flexible and embrace change
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company/environment would be nice to have
- Pair Programming experience would be nice to have
- An interest in .NET Core and AWS would be nice to have
What you will be doing:
- Develop code that promotes reuse, is well structured, intentional in design, and is easy to maintain that addresses project specifications and guidelines.
- Work on smaller, moderately complex projects that typically require a singular area of expertise but may work on more complex projects as a member of a project team.
- Appropriately apply the software development life cycle.
- Provide input on programming or development standards.
- Write database queries and required table definition modifications
- Actively participate in code reviews and provide feedback on the code of other developers.
- Analyze existing programs and modify the application code to create enhancements while accepting guidance of senior developers.
- Review requirements and determine gaps or missing elements in system, process and/or functional requirements.
- Write moderate level technical documentation and submit for review by a senior developer.
- Implement unit tests and perform appropriate debugging to ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Estimate work efforts for scrum backlog.
- Partner with all stakeholders to identify potential slippage or inter-team dependencies.
Why you want to work on this team:
- This is a new product at the ground level and is expected to launch later this year!
- You'll have the opportunity to work with new technology like .NET Core and React
Availity culture and benefits:
- Availity is a certified "Great Place to Work"! Culture is important to us and there are many ways for you to make your mark here!
- We have several Diversity & Inclusion teams, a Young Professionals Group, a She Can Code IT group for women in tech, and various ways to engage with fellow Availity associates.
- Availity is a culture of continuous learning. We have many resources and experts in our tech stack and in our industry that can help get you there too!
- Don't feel like wearing business attire? Cool, you can wear jeans - we are a casual place.
- We offer a competitive salary, bonus structure, generous HSA company contribution, healthcare, vision, dental benefits and a 401k match program that you can take advantage of on day one!
- We offer unlimited PTO for salaried associates + 9 paid holidays. Hourly associates start at 19 days of PTO and go up from there with all the same holiday benefits.
- Interested in wellness? We allow our associates to reimburse up to $300/year for gym memberships, participation in racing events, weight management programs, etc.
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer education reimbursement!
- Availity offers Paid Parental Leave for both moms and dads, both birth parents and adoptive parents.
- Want to work for an organization that gives back to the community? You're at the right place! Availity partners with various organizations, both locally and nationally, to raise awareness, funds and morale as our staff members volunteer their time and funds to engage the organizations campaign.
Availity perks for remote, hybrid and office-based associates:
- We offer a flexible working environment! Whether you are a fully remote associate or one that enjoys a hybrid or fully onsite approach we are flexible to help ensure you have a working environment to thrive in!
- All associates have the opportunity to have 1on1 sessions with their supervisor or manager to help facilitate transparency and growth within the organization
- Availity holiday parties/events are available to ALL associates no matter if you are fully remote or have a hybrid or onsite schedule
- You like food trucks? We have them almost daily at our office (when we're back to normal)
- Like food trucks a little too much? We also have an onsite gym with showers
- We appreciate work/life balance! Need to get a quick break in between meetings? We have Ping Pong, Foosball, Arcade games, and XBox to help you decompress - and we have a massage therapist onsite once a week for a little relaxation too
- We've got you covered with free coffee, lemonade and tea anytime you want
After you apply, you will receive text/email messages thanking you for applying and then you will continue to receive more text/email messages alerting you as to where you are in the recruitment process.
- Manager resume review
- Manager phone interview
- Technical assessment
- Team video interview
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Click the links below to view Federal Employment Notices.
Family & Medical Leave Act Equal Employment Law Poster Pay Transparency Employee Polygraph Protection Act Important Notice about Employee Rights to Organize and Bargain Collectively with Their Employers